Fall is officially here! The weather may or may not be cooperating, but you can enjoy all the color and charm of autumn—indoors and out—with these fun and kid-friendly activities.
- Make a keepsake hand print tree.
- Craft a yarn pumpkin.
- Pick a pumpkin from a local farm.
- Bake something delicious with your harvested pumpkin.
- Take a road-trip to see the fall colors and have a photo shoot.
- Build LEGO apples.
- Enjoy some time outside playing a fun game of fall-leaf Bingo.
- Write a ‘gratitude list’ and find a way to give to someone in need.
- Go to a fall festival.
- Have a pumpkin-themed day, and eat a pumpkin-flavored food at every meal.
- Make a paper plate leaf handprint wreath to hang every year.
- Enjoy the cooler weather by taking the kids geocaching. It’s basically a real-life treasure hunt!
- Sip hot apple cider together on the porch at dusk.
- Decorate pumpkins with an unconventional design.
- Pick up leaves in several different colors and shapes.
- Learn about fall leaves and chlorophyll with a simple science project.
- Go to your favorite home goods store and let the kids select a special fall decoration for the house.
- Jump in a pile of leaves.
- Have an apple tasting with several different kinds of apples. Discuss which ones were favorites, and how they taste similar or different.
- Try a tasty squash recipe.
- Have the kids collect some vivid (freshly fallen) leaves, and help them make a beautiful fall leaf bouquet.
- Go pine cone picking.
- Make adorable pine cone hedgehogs from the pine cones you found.
- Enjoy some freshly made pumpkin pie pudding.
- Throw a harvest party and play these fun games.
Power of Texas wishes our fellow Texans a happy fall!
Learn more about how you can have affordable and reliable energy as the cooler months approach at PowerOfTexas.com.