It’s that time of year! But—before the kids dress up and eat loads of candy, you have to get through the entire month of October. That’s a long wait for little ghouls and goblins. Keep your kiddos entertained all month long with these Halloween-inspired activities.
1. Stir up some monster slime.
2. Learn about the human body while making a straw skeleton.
3. Watch a ghost dance using static electricity.
4. Make these beautiful scented salt dough leaves to hang around your home.
5. Make a spider web out of coffee filters.
6. Visit a pumpkin patch and pick out the perfect pumpkins.
7. Decorate your pumpkins in a snazzy new way.
9. Decorate a paper plate witch’s hat.
10. Make a creepy Halloween feel box.
11. Go to your local library and check out some spooky stories.
12. Bake some tasty pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
14. Make some kicked up caramel apples.
15. Fashion your own milk jug ghosts.
16. Make a silly spider hat.
17. Have some science fun with a bubbly ghost experiment.
18. Go on a nature walk and pick out rocks to paint and decorate.
19. Enter a costume contest at a local festival.
20. Try some Halloween-themed weaving.
21. Play a fun game of Halloween charades.
22. Make a huge jack-o-lantern window decoration.
23. Learn about shadows with these spooky shadow puppets.
24. Make glow-in-the-dark playdough.
25. Decorate your front yard together with a festive theme.
26. Bob for apples.
27. Tell each other scary stories around an outdoor fireplace.
28. Create paper lanterns for Halloween night.
29. “Spook” your neighbors with fun Halloween treats and toys.
30. Have a Halloween movie marathon.
If you’re energy bill is making you scream, give Power of Texas a call at 888.500.8348, and discover affordable, reliable electricity. No tricks here!